|S E A R C H D V D B e a v e r|
Dear Patrons, years ago when many Midwest US newspapers were closing their doors, I was able to purchase photo lots from their dissolution via eBay auctions. I also have many Japanese magazine clippings that weren't published in the West and, of course, our own Blu-ray and UHD screen captures. These can make for some rare, and lesser-seen publicity photos. I will try to hi-res scan some of them (from Myrna Loy to Kim Novak, Franco Nero to Clint Eastwood, and many Film Noir actors) and will try to post new photo archives as time allows for your use to print, use as computer wallpaper, etc. We have archives for Suzanne Pleshette, Jacqueline Bisset and Susan George so far. We will add to these photo-sets as we obtain more scans. Do you have a favorite actor you'd like to have in a Photo Archive? Let me know!
director, producer, race car driver,
entrepreneur, and philanthropist Paul Leonard Newman is
also my favorite actor of all time.... and my favorite
celebrity too. He won and was nominated for numerous
acting and directing awards, he has won several national
championships as a driver and he is a
co-founder of Newman's Own, a food company started with
salad dressing and has expanded to include pasta sauce,
lemonade, popcorn, salsa, and wine, among other things.
Proceeds from which he donated all post-tax profits and royalties
to charity - somewhere over 1/2 billion dollars as of
from that he donated between $150 million-$175
million to charity since the 1980s.
• Newman was colorblind which was discovered when he was in the Navy V-12 pilot training program at Yale University
• He is the Godfather of actor Jake Gyllenhaal
• He turned down the role of the shark hunter Quint in Jaws (1975), eventually played by Robert Shaw
• When Premiere magazine does a poll each year, they ask the actors who their idols are. Newman has been the most frequently cited idol to date
• Newman turned down the role of Harry Callahan in Dirty Harry (1971) because he thought the screenplay was too right-wing. He recommended Clint Eastwood instead
• Like his dear friend Robert Redford, both men had firstborn sons named Scott who died before them
Paul Newman passed away on the morning of September 26th, 2008, at 83 years old.
CLICK TO SEE all 19 HIGH Resolution (lossless PNG) Captures for DVDBeaver Patreon Supporters HERE