Al Brown Top 10 2000
1. Dancer in the Dark (by far; nothing else even came close)
2. In the Mood for Love
3. Yi Yi
5. Chicken Run
6. You Can Count On Me
7. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
8. Wonder Boys
9. High Fidelity
10. Requiem for a Dream
Pascal's Top 10 of 2000 !
1. In the Mood for Love (Wong Kar Wai) -
Graceful, sensual, and unabashedly romantic film on a relationship that develops
between two married neighbors. Maggie Cheung is a revelation.
2. Dolce (Alexander Sokurov) - Spare, elegiacal, and other-worldly documentary on Japanese writer, Toshio Shimao, as seen through the eyes of his surviving family.
3. Yi Yi (Edward Yang) - Simple, yet profound observation on the beauty of mundane ritual and the passage of life.
4. Beau Travail (Claire Denis) - Lush, visually poetic examination of military training, adapted from Herman Melville's Billy Budd.
5. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Ang Lee)
6. Dancer in the Dark (Lars von Trier)
7. High Fidelity (Stephen Frears)
8. Best in Show (Christopher Guest)
9. Gohatto (Nagisa Oshima) - Oshima returns to fine form in this incisive exploration of repressed sexuality in a training camp for Samurais.
10. The Terrorist (Santosh Sivan) - Taut, insightful, and courageous film on the final journey of a militant woman selected to carry out a suicide assassination.
CLICK on COVERS for more INFO !: